WordPress is a fantastic tool for creating websites, whether you’re a novice blogger or a seasoned web designer, so long as you understand how to utilize its remarkable features. The latest edition of this jargon-free Missing Manual shows you how to use WordPress’s themes, widgets, and plug-ins to construct just about any kind of site.
The important things you need to know:
- Configure WordPress: Configure WordPress on your web host, or install it on your personal computer.
- Make a website: Learn how to construct a variety of websites, including blogs and ecommerce-enabled commercial sites.
- Enliven it: Include photo galleries, slideshows, video snippets, audio players, and podcasts.
- Add attributes: Select from thousands of plug-ins to enhance your site’s capabilities, from contact forms to a rudimentary shopping cart.
- Build a genuinely unique site: Customize a WordPress theme to create a website that precisely matches your vision.
- Create a following: Use SEO, site analytics, and social sharing to reach more individuals.
- Be prudent: Use backup and staging tools to safeguard your data and avert disaster.
Author: Matthew MacDonald